Alpaca Walks In Lancashire
Do you want to know more about Alpacas? Are you looking for a place to walk alpacas in Lancashire? If so you are looking in the right place. There is a farm in Lancashire which deal in educating people about alpacas. It’s a great family day out! They are based at Ivy Dene Farm Blackpool St. Michaels road on Wyre and their post code is PR3 0UA. The Alpaca Experience is a free service where you can learn about alpacas and what they do. You can also go on the alpaca walks in Lancashire where they will take you and the alpacas and teach you how to look after them. They will only ask for a small donation so that they can keep and run the services they offer.
There is a couple who run the farm and they are extremely friendly and easy to get along with. Their names are Judy and Alan they have been running the farm since 2006. At first, they had two horses and a couple of dogs. 2 Years later they started to get alpacas and their 1st two were Pepe and his friend coco. The alpaca family is now at 9 alpacas and they are called: Freya, Boykins, Pablo, Coco, Bella, Truffles, Rupert, Isis and Victoria. All the alpacas have their own personality which can be good and bad at times.
The Alpaca Experience can be great for a birthday or an anniversary treat with so much to do such as alpaca walks in Lancashire where you can enjoy the scenery. There is so much to do and learn from Judy and Alan at The Alpaca Experience.
Alpaca VS Llamas
There is a lot of people who get Alpacas and llamas mixed up so here are some fact about each:
- Alpacas have a Lifespan of 15 to 25 years.
- Alpaca adults weigh an average of 60 to 80kg.
- Alpacas are clean and intelligent.
- Alpacas are extremely hardy and adapt to the extreme weather conditions.
- Alpacas are quiet animals and make soft humming sounds to communicate.
- When alarmed, a staccato tooting is made by one animal, then joined in by the rest of the herd as they focus attention in the direction of potential danger.
- Alpacas get on well with other animals including dogs, horses, goats and sheep.
These are just some fun facts about alpacas. Here are some facts about llamas as well:
- Llamas have a lifespan of 20 to 30 years.
- Adult llamas can weigh around 280 to 450 pounds.
- Llama can get up to 6 feet tall (at the head).
- Llamas body is covered with wool which can be black, grey, white or brown with many different patterns
- Llamas are very social animals and live in groups of up to 20 in a pack.
- Llamas are known as animals that can spit when the get provoked or threatened.
These are just some of the fact you get to learn about when walking the alpacas. If you want to know more about alpacas, then why not just go and visit them.